Groceries and the Never Ending Budget
The boyfriend and I take turn paying for groceries each week. We used to do one big sweep at the local grocery store for the week and call it a day, but lately we’ve been trying to space out our groceries by going to more frequent trips at the market. Our goal for this new plan of attack is to eat fresher foods and create less waste. Of course, we’d like to see our grocery bill lower a bit as well, but we usually average about $70/wk which is pretty good for the two of us.
This is a general grocery haul full of our regular staples =) We have here:
- A variety of pasta sauce bases, red and alfredo. We usually like bulking up our sauce bases when we do make pasta to make it extra hearty!
- Two “fun ” purchases for the boyfriend and I. This week, it’s a pre-canned pasta in Disney Princess shapes for myself (yes, I realize I’m an adult… lol) and some goldfish snacks for my boyfriend.
- White bread, apple danishes, and pasta noodles (we like capelini!), and this is my first time buying quinoa. I’ve only tried it once a while back, hopefully I can incorporate it more into our daily meals~
- Strawberries, bananas, grapes and delicious pineapple juice! Essential for surviving a 8 hour work day.
- Chicken thighs, 2% milk for baking and making omelettes and eggs
- Bok choy, green beans, lemons, mushrooms, and tomatoes ❤
So far, we’re doing good with using up what we have and eating our old food before buying new produce. But sometimes we forget to do a refrigerator scan before going to the market… lol. Does anyone else have this problem too?
Lovely Neighbours ❤
I’ve been loving living in a strata environment! I’ve always been a people person and I love being able to meet new faces and such in my building community. Recently, one of my neighbours gave us a tupperware full of macaroni and cheese, and it really helped us for a dinner when we were strapped for time! It was such a lovely surprise to get their text on a weekday night. We are definitely friends now and have been for quite some time now, but that just totally brightened our moods ^.^ I just love living next to friendly neighbours.
New Office Space
I’ve been a receptionist my entire life and haven’t really been given the respect that I craved in my career. I quit my last job in a cushy downtown tower for one that’s not in a fancy tower, for a better work environment. Not only was I given a desk away from the reception area, I was given my own personal office today! It’s such a huge change from the day to day noises and I can actually focus on getting work done. This is the job that called me a Thursday for an interview, and I kept debating and only called back on the following Tuesday. Needless to say, I know now never to judge a book by it’s cover. I’m totally enjoying my new office!